3.13.2012

#goinglunching

  

Who knew one could spend two hours dining out in the middle of the afternoon?  On this lovely day, I decided to take a break from my studies to go lunching with my mom and her friends.  We went to the neighborhood pizza joint, and it was surprisingly packed, with a bunch of old biddies.  As soon as I entered the pizza joint, these old folks gave me the stare down since I was out lunching instead of being in school... Um, excuse me, 1.  I live in America, it's a free country (I know, surprise, they just passed that act in like 1776) and 2.  I'm in college, I don't HAVE to go to class.  




So anyways, great start.  I love being filled in on all of the gossip.  It's classic, and thoroughly enjoyable.  Upon the arrival of out food, the old ladies started bickering since our food had been delivered first.  Seriously... stop complaining.  1.  You are 80 years old, what do you need to be doing?  2.  You have a party of eight, we have a party of four.  3.  We ordered pizza, you all ordered specialty sandwiches.  

 I made a promise to my mother and her friends.  If I ever am out with them when they get older, or I see them in public complaining and being a pain, I have the right to drag them home.  Let's just say, my children will do the same for me.

Get lunching, you sassy lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment